Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Well, this sucks.

I suppose those idiot Red Wing fans got their wish. Game 7 is upon us. The Pens staved off elimination by playing a desperate, aggressive style that the Wings hardly matched. At best, the Wings were patient; at worst, they were slow.

Not until the 2nd period did the Wings even show signs of life. I was pleased they killed off the Pens two power plays in the first, but, man, they should've been taking it to the Pens. I don't get it. Granted, it took a bit of luck for the Pens to win. That Zetterberg shot that hit the post should give Fleury nightmares.

So, it's back to Detroit. The Red Wings have no chance but to put the pedal to the metal.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Disappointed that we didn't get our first till they managed a second, but we've got one game left to watch this team. I can't tell you how excited/concerned/nervous/anxious/pumped/scared I am for Friday. I'd be a terrible pro athlete, as I can't "clear the mechanism" but it does make for a strong emotional tie to the team...

    So how about that Tiger/ChiSox match from Tuesday...?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so bummed about the Wings that I didn't start watching the Tigers until the 10th. Evidently, Dontrelle almost spurred a brawl in the 4th. That's all I know.

    ReplyDelete