Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Late Post

Sorry for the late post, y'all. I got stuck in a conference all day.

Definitely a heart-breaker last night. The Wings played perhaps their best all-around game but ended up with their first loss. That's how the breaks go, I suppose. That penalty on Cleary was a good call, but I'm not sure sure on the Ericksson one. His "interference" looked an awful lot like what defensemen do throughout the entire game. Nevertheless, the Wings should be able to kill off at least 2 out of 3 power plays, right? Wrong. The PK has sucked and continues to suck, and I imagine that's all they'll work on in practice.

Is it just me, or does Zetterberg seem to be shouldering the entire offensive load? He needs help, fellas. Hossa? It's game 4. Now's your time to shine!

I'm still not sold on Pittsburgh's defense. Their forwards have a great forecheck, but the Wings should be able to hold possession better than they have. I'm surprised they haven't taken the game to the Penguins more aggressively. They began to do just that in the 2nd period last night, but then the bottom fell out in the 3rd. No doubt a healthy Datsyuk would help in every facet of the game. And Draper too. Yes, he'll help with faceoffs, but he's also a valuable penalty killer.

2 comments:

  1. I heard on the radio today that Pavel will play tonight but he's not fully recovered. Is that a good idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it depends on how close he is. My guess is Pavel at 80% is better than Leino at 100%. And I like Leino.

    ReplyDelete