Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Slow Day

Due to the relatively slow sports day yesterday, I'll take this time to further more rumors about the upcoming NBA draft.

Tonight is the lottery, and Pistons fans should take note of where Washington ends up. As mentioned before, the Wizards will be looking to deal their pick if it's not #1 or #2. Despite a disappointing season, the Wiz want one more run with their big three - Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, and (a healthy) Gilbert Arenas. Next season, they'll have Flip Saunders at the helm, and we all know he can run an offense. The Wizards may deal their #3 or #4 pick for Detroit's #15 and Tayshaun or Rip. I'd hate trading either of those guys while their value is so low.

Joe may be better served to wait a few weeks into the season and see if either Tay or Rip turn it up a notch. Cleaning out both AI and Sheed should do wonders for the organization. I have a hard time believing the #3 pick will offer much to the Pistons next season, whereas a veteran like Bosh, Boozer, Millsap, or Okur would make quite a splash. Free agency should still be Joe's focus. With that said, I'd be more excited about this draft if it weren't for Thabeet. I watched UConn a number of times and rarely saw Thabeet dominate. Yes, he's 7'3, but he was more Cherokee Parks than Motumbo. I hope he proves me wrong, though I'd still rather have the Pistons take smooth shooting Earl Clark or Jordan Hill if they get the Wiz pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment