Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Welcome to irrelevance, Tigers

It's a done deal.

Granderson to Yankees, and Edwin to the Rays. I can stomach the Edwin for another starter (Scherzer). But Granderson? For a prospect? I don't care that he's the top outfield prospect in the Yankees system. If the Yankees thought so highly of the kid, they wouldn't be trying to land Curtis.

I simply am beyond words on this one. How can they let these two guys go? The trade of Edwin would've been a blow, but the trade of Edwin AND Curtis is just too much. Curtis is a fan favorite and all-around good guy - the face of the friggin' franchise. Dombrowski, you broke our hearts.

And, speaking of Dombrowski, I defended the dude up to this point. I felt he was the victim of bad timing and bad luck (see: Dontrelle's contract and the Renteria trade), but this trade is unforgiveable. I will defend him no more. This trade will simply kill attendance next season.

I blame the Twins.

Coincidentally, this link was listed just below the story on the big trade. Good luck with THAT one.

No comments:

Post a Comment