Friday, October 23, 2009

Hawai'i


Howdy, folks. Sorry for the long layoff. Mrs. Thatballdontlie and I are actually on vacation in Hawai'i. I suppose I should've said "Aloha" instead of "Howdy," but I gotta keep some semblance of self-identity.

In the meantime, I noticed that the Red Wings slide continues, as does the Pistons lack of defense. So, I haven't missed much. For your viewing pleasure (or dis-pleasure), check out the above picture of me and a mysterious Sea Monster who terrorized Lanikai beach while we were there. He (or she) kept popping up for air and then swimming away, only to return about every ten minutes. The crazed Sea Monster apparently had no idea that that little stretch of ocean was mine! You should be able to click on the pic for a larger image of the aforementioned monster.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for correctly punctuating Hawai'i. Glad you were not eaten by the sea monster and are back on the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that the locals actually have differing takes on the pronounciation of their state. Some say the generic "Huh-WHY-ee". Others used a slightly altered version: "Huh-VY-ee". I also heard that "Huh-VY-ee" version pronounced in a staccato manner, punctuating each syllable.

    Who the frick knows?

    ReplyDelete