Friday, October 2, 2009

Are you kidding me?

With a chance to actually clinch the division, the Tigers lose to the Twins 8-3. The following day, they fall behind 8-0, garnering an astounding 1 hit through 8 innings. I'm writing this prior to the actual end of the game, but the loss is inevitable. So, with the playoffs on the line, the Tigers respond by getting outscored 16-3.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2009 Detroit Tigers!

In the third inning, the Twins lead the Royals 7-0. Apparently, one team has the goods, and the other is a complete sham.

As I watch the Tigers unravel, I feel like a battered housewife. Each game, I hope and pray it'll be a different outcome. And each game, I'm bruised.

Oh, and the Red Wings lost their season opener despite leading 3-1. Osgood looked pedestrian, to say the least. Helluva day.

No comments:

Post a Comment