Saturday, February 6, 2010

FanPulse

Folks,

As you all know, I've never advertised on this blog. It's not a hardened rule, but I simply want this place to be an honest exchange of ideas. On this rare occasion, I'm going to break from my rule because there's a new iPhone app that may appeal specifically to fans of this blog.

The app is FanPulse. What sets FanPulse apart from other real-time sports update apps is that it also allows user interaction and will even link to nofrownmotown.com.

Here's the FanPulse pitch:

• Get scores and breaking news sent straight to your iPhone
• Check-in to games to chat and trash-talk with friends who are also watching
• An app that delivers not just scores, but unique commentary from nofrownmotown

Many nofrownmotown readers are former metro-Detroiters who now live all around the world. So the appeal of real-time updates is key. When I travel around, I try to keep up with scores with my rinky-dink LG piece-o-crap, and it sucks. Mobile-web is a joke. And you can forget about commentary, but FanPulse changes that.

As a startup, FanPulse is wisely offering promotions for the first folks to download it. The first 2,000 downloads will be entered into a raffle to win one of twenty $50 iTunes gift cards.

That's it, promotion over, and I promise not to shove products down your throat.

Now back to our regularly schedule winter of discontent.

No comments:

Post a Comment