Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hit the tees

Well, folks, it's all but officially over. With a two-goal lead in the third period, the Red Wings simply could not put this game away.

Thanks to some extremely shaky goaltending and defense, the Sharks tied it up. Then in OT, Jason Williams fired a missile that missed the net. The rebound caromed all the way to an open Shark and led to a 2-on-1 break. A perfect pass led to the OT winner for San Jose.

They are now inexplicably up 3 games to zero. The series is theirs. Good for them. They've waited a long time for this. I maintain that they've yet to distinguish themselves on the ice, but the scoreboard says all I need to know. They've found a way to win three straight. I don't know how, but they've done it.

I posted earlier that I'd be able to stomach this loss. I didn't know it would be a 2-goal lead choke job and OT heartbreaker. This is another bitter pill.

Eesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment