Monday, November 23, 2009

No Frown Motown

Folks,

I've avoided it long enough. Thanks to a much more popular and better funded blog with the near-same name, I've decided to retire thatballdontlie.com. He had the name first, and I respect that. After countless late-night board room meetings with Thatballdontlie's marketing department, we've opted to continue under the name nofrownmotown.com.

This blog serves the Detroit sports fan. While I tend to post almost exclusively sports-related info, I do occasionally reference the City's state of affairs. Many of the readers are ex-Detroiters and have more than just a passing interest in Detroit's future. I wanted a blog name that would put a positive spin on the City. I believe the City can recover. My belief is not based so much on any evidence of change (Lord knows it's been in a steady 40 year decline), but, rather, it's based on a belief in the human spirit. The loss of the auto industry is Detroit's ground zero, and hopefully the new mayor signal a new era of hope and urban development. So, no frown, Motown.

The old thatballdontlie.com link will still work - it will simply forward you to the new site. Thanks to all the readers out there from around the world (14 countries and counting!). We're a small but loyal group, and I thank you all for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment